1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: eBay "The Hunger Games" Survival Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older; who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of Lions Gate Films Inc. ("Lions Gate"), eBay Inc. ("eBay") and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions ("eBay Entities") (eBay and eBay Entities collectively, "Sponsor"), Sponsor's advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Sweepstakes or are connected to this Sweepstakes in any way are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes and personal jurisdiction shall exclusively be the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara, California. Lions Gate is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes or the selection of winners.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on March 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on April 1, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). Two (2) Grand Prizes and Five (5) First Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to ebay.com/hungergames and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period. Online entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on April 1, 2012 in order to be eligible. Limit one online entry per person/email address during the Promotion Period. Subsequent entries submitted by the same person/email address will be void. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete illegible, damaged or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The promotional Website's database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
For greater certainty, if it is discovered that an Eligible Participant (or any person or entity purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any Entry you submit will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not completed and submitted during the Promotion Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated system to enter or otherwise disrupt this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Two (2) potential Grand Prize winners and five (5) potential First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 2, 2012 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization, in Melville, NY. Sponsor's decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail and/or telephone on or about April 3, 2012. Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where imposing such condition is legal, a publicity release, and Federal and State tax release (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"), and First Prize winners will be required to confirm their mailing address and return these documents, properly executed, within 7 days of issuance of notification. If a winner is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence (a "minor"), at Sponsor's option, the applicable prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner, or the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. Non-compliance within this time frame, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of a prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE: Two (2) Grand Prizes are available: A Grand Prize includes: (a) A Prize Package worth $1,000. Prize includes a Coleman® Evanston™ Tent, The Picnic Plus™ Game Day Gas Grill Set, KELTY® Cosmic 20-degree down sleeping bag, CAMELBAK® Scorpion hydration pack, and an Apple® iPad2; (b) A $1,000 Shopping Spree on eBay to be paid out in the form of eBay Gift Cards; and (c) "The Hunger Games" merchandise worth $115 including books, pins, one-sheet mini-Katniss Character poster, one-sheet Holiday/Stadium Tsr, Final One Sheet Poster, Trading Cards, Soundtrack, t-shirt and water bottle. Total ARV of a Grand Prize: $2,230/each. Five (5) First Prizes are available: $100 eBay Gift Card. ARV: $100/each.
A winner of an eBay Gift Card must have or must create a United States PayPal Account in good standing (the "PayPal account") in order to receive, access, and use a prize. An eBay Gift Card will not be awarded to a winner with a locked, closed or restricted account. eBay Gift Card prize will be awarded within 6-8 weeks of prize notification. You must have an eBay account and PayPal account registered in the U.S. to redeem this Card. eBay Gift Cards are valid only for purchases on eBay where PayPal is accepted. Not refundable or redeemable for cash. There is no expiration date or Card fees. Lost, stolen or damaged Cards will not be replaced. See http://giftcard.ebay.com/ns/terms.html for additional terms & conditions related to eBay Gift Cards.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Apple and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc. Apple is not a sponsor of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of a prize are in Sponsor's sole discretion. A prize will be awarded, providing there are a sufficient number of eligible entries received. If a winner is deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS (AND ANY MINOR ENTRANT'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, LIONS GATE AND TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (ALL SUCH INDIVIDUALS AND ENTITIES COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS THE "RELEASEES") FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS' FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS"), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS (AND ANY MINOR ENTRANT'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR A PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE EBAY SITE OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit an Eligible Participant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the judges' opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award a prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual's IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Eligible Participant (and any minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind, or for any other reason.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry or vote with these Official Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules.
10. WINNERS' LIST: For any legally required winners' list, available after April 30, 2012, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 30, 2012 to: eBay "The Hunger Games" Survival Sweepstakes Winners, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
© Copyright 2012 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
"The Hunger Games" Motion Picture Artwork™ and © 2011 Lions Gate Films Inc. All Rights Reserved.